What is a HARP Loan?
The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is a federal program of the United States, set up by the Federal Housing Finance Agency in March 2009, to help underwater and near-underwater homeowners refinance their mortgages.
If you are unable to refinance your home loan due to a lack of or NO equity in your home, a HARP loan may be your answer.
HARP loans are for loans that are owned by Freddie Mac or Fannie.
Here are some of the minimum requirements to be eligible for a HARP loan.
- You have been timely with your mortgage payments
- Cannot refinance due to little or NO equity in your home
A few benefits of a HARP mortgage
- A reduction in your interest rate and or your monthly principal and interest mortgage payment.
- A fixed-rate mortgage in place of an adjustable-rate, interest-only, or balloon/reset mortgage.
- A reduction in the term of your mortgage (e.g., from 30 years to 15 years).
- To see if you qualify for a HARP loan click the button below